Daytime social tennis – how it works.
Tuesdays and Thursdays 9:30 – 11:00.
These social mornings are for the enjoyment of all East Glos members looking to play tennis with others of varying skill levels / standards.
Players must therefore be tolerant and flexible in the groups they play. If there are any disagreements then common sense should prevail.
How to take part.
- Arrive at Reception or by Court 8 – Add your name to the board
- At 9:30 prompt all names on the board shuffled and put in random 4’s on allocated courts. Tues: Courts 7 – 13 Thurs: Courts 8 – 11
- If odd number then play rotating 5 on court 8, singles or American
- If not enough courts and you have to sit out then please feel free to play on any other available court until the whistle.
- Warm up 5 mins then whistle to start. Play sudden death deuces
- Play timed session (25 mins) until whistle. Winners stay and split, losers split – 1 up 1 down (depending on which side they were playing)
- Anyone waiting to play or playing in an “odd” number should then be changed in:- go to lowest courts (1 to each) and swap in with 1 of the 2 losers arriving at that court – i.e. after everyone has moved up / down.
- Members can play as few or as many sets as they like.
- Session 1 at 9:30 (arrive by 9:30 to have name included in first session draw)
- Session 2 at 10:05 (arrive and ready to play by 10:00)
- Session 3 at 10:35 (arrive and ready to play by 10:30)