Monday & Thursday evening social tennis – how it works
How does it work and what’s so good about organised social?
You’ll be paired with players of the same standard where possible and challenged in other games to improve your play.
When does organised social take place?
Monday and Thursday evenings. Session times are 40 minutes. Session times are at 6pm, 6:40pm. 7:20pm and 8pm.
Do I have to play all four sessions and arrive at 6pm?
No. You can play as many or as few sessions as you wish and choose which session time you want to start.
How much is it?
For floodlit games the cost is £1 per 40 minute session. If floodlights are not needed there is no charge.
How can I help the organiser?
• If you arrive before 6pm please write on the sheet your full name and how many sessions you want to play.
• Turn up at least 10 minutes before the session start time.
• State clearly how many sessions you want to play.
• If you change your mind on how many sessions you want to play please tell the organiser before she has finalised the session you want to drop out of.
• Pay for your sessions on arrival. If lights are needed there’s a £1 fee per session.
• Please respect the organiser’s decisions. Whilst the aim is for games to be balanced, there are times when this is not possible. Therefore players must expect to occasionally have games with players of a stronger or lesser standard.
It’s not just about the tennis! It’s also about meeting other players and new members and having a drink or generally unwinding in the lounge afterwards. Do come and join us.