Saturday & Sunday afternoon social tennis – how it works
How does it work and what’s so good about organised social tennis?
You’ll be paired with players of the same standard where possible and challenged in other games to improve your play.
When does organised weekend social take place?
Saturday and Sunday afternoon. Session times are 40 minutes. Session times are at 2pm, 2:40pm and 3:20pm. You can continue playing beyond 4pm if you wish to. Just put your tag on the board and the first in the queue picks three players from the next seven.
Do I have to play all three sessions and arrive at 2pm?
No. You can play as many or as few sessions as you wish and choose which session time you want to start.
How much is it?
There’s no additional cost for weekend social tennis.
How can I help the organiser?
• If you arrive before 2pm please write on the sheet your full name and how many sessions you want to play.
• Turn up at least 10 minutes before the session start time.
• State clearly how many sessions you want to play.
• If you change your mind on how many sessions you want to play please tell the organiser before he has finalised the session you want to drop out of.
• Please respect the organiser’s decisions. Whilst the aim is for games to be balanced, there are times when this is not possible. Therefore players must expect to occasionally have games with players of a stronger or lesser standard.
It’s not just about the tennis! It’s also about meeting other players and new members and having a drink or generally unwinding in the lounge afterwards. Do come and join us.