As part of our new Junior Tennis newsletter, we’ll be profiling a junior member in each edition. For our first edition, we’re featuring Olivia Rook.
Olivia trains at Oxstalls Tennis Centre in Gloucester and East Glos. She achieved a GB national ranking of three in March 2016 in the 12 & under age group, and has had a great first 12 months in the 14 & under age group this year.
Olivia’s main achievements during the past 12 months or so are as follows:
- Ranked number three in Great Britain in the 12U age group in March 2016
- Won the 12U Grade 2 National tournament in Gosling in October 2015
- Reached the last 16 in singles and QF in doubles of the Grade 1 12U Nike Junior National Tennis Championships in August 2015
- Reached the semi-final of the Grade 1 12U Winter National Tour Finals in March 2016
- Attended the 14U National Training Camp at the NTC in March 2016 and was awarded a place on the LTA’s Aegon Future Stars programme in 2016
- Won the 14U National consolation singles title and reached the semi-final of the 14U main draw doubles at the Grade 2 Scottish Open National tournament in Edinburgh in June 2016
- Reached the semi-final of the 14U consolation singles at the Grade 1 Nike Junior National Tennis Championships in Nottingham in August 2016
- Qualified for and played in the national finals of the 14U Road to Wimbledon International event held at Wimbledon in August 2016
- reached the quarter finals of both the singles and doubles at the 14U Tennis Europe event in Dublin in July 2016, beating the number one seed and Portugal’s number one ranked player in the second round of the singles.
- Reached the last 16 of the Grade 2 16U National tournament in Bath in August
- Won the Grade 2 14U National consolation singles title in Bath in October 2016
- Represented the Gloucestershire county team in the 12U, 14U, 18U age groups as well as the Gloucestershire Ladies County Team in November 2016
- Qualified for the main draw of the Category 1 14U Tennis Europe event in Bolton in January 2017
- Reached the quarter-final of the Grade 1 14U Winter National Tour Finals in February 2017
In addition to her achievements in the 12U age group, Olivia has also made her achievements in the 14U age group set out above despite only moving to that age group in April 2016, she only turned 13 in July 2016 so has a further 12 months in the 14U age group to further her achievements.
Olivia now competes internationally on a regular basis in Tennis Europe events, and intends to compete in ITF events moving forward.
Olivia is seeking any form of sponsorship, no matter how small, to assist her with the ever increasing costs involved in competing both nationally and internationally.